You’ve planned an awesome bachelorette party, now it’s time to put on the finishing touches with some swag. We’ve compiled a list of great finds that are sure to make your night fun and unforgettable! Continue reading
Month: August 2016
Unique Bachelorette Party Ideas
Hen night. Hen do. Last night out. Whatever you call it, one thing is for sure – a bachelorette party is a rite of passage for any bride! But if strippers and Chippendales aren’t your thing, or if you’re looking to go out of the box, here are some great ideas for unique bachelorette parties that will be sure to send your girl off with some great memories. Continue reading
Friday Find: Bridal Shower Edition
Now that you’ve begun the bridal shower planning, it’s time to have a little fun! We’ve got everything you need to make this day special and memorable for all involved: Continue reading
How To: Write Your Speech
Okay, we lied – planning the bridal shower isn’t the most stressful part about being maid of honor…it’s writing the toast! Rest assured we’ve got you covered to make sure there are no awkward silences while you’re giving your speech.
1. Keep Calm
Whether you’re not so much with the words or you have stage fright, don’t sweat it. Everything is going to be fine. Really, we promise!
2. Give yourself some time
Don’t leave this to the last minute…seriously, don’t do it. You don’t want to be in the bathroom on the day-of scribbling on a piece of toilet paper. This is going to take time, effort, and concentration. Make sure you give yourself enough time to tackle this project. Also, “winging it” isn’t an option.
3. Humor is not a requirement
If you’re not naturally funny, it’s fine. Don’t feel like you have to insert jokes and humor into your speech for the sake of getting laughs. However, if you are actually funny, feel free to throw some funny stuff in there.
4. Keep It Short
Your speech shouldn’t feel like a lecture. Keep it short and sweet: 1 – 3 minutes is the sweet spot, anymore than 5 and you might start losing people.
5. Make your speech accessible
Remember that your speech is meant to remember, honor, and wish the bride and groom well. Don’t alienate other guests by including jokes only a select few people will understand.
6. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas
There are certain things that are off-limits when it comes to your speech. You want to steer clear of embarrassing stories, past boyfriends, self-deprecating remarks, or making fun of anyone (even if it’s in the nicest way!).
7. Follow the formula
- Introduce yourself – your name, how you know the happy couple, and thank them for asking you to be part of their special day
- Share a memory – tell a story about the bride and groom that encompasses their love, but also their individuality. You can also add a sentence or two about the bride and groom individually. For example: Lauren and Bryan, I love you both. Lauren, not just for being one of my best friends that I could always count on, but for never judging how terribly I sang the hits of the 90s on late-night drives to the diner. And Bryan, I love you for not only being the perfect match for Lauren, but for being a friend to me too. You didn’t have to help me move, but you wanted to, which is one of the many reasons Lauren loves you.
- Wish them well – Give advice to the happy couple, wish them well on their journey, or read a quote you think embodies their relationship.
- Wrap it up – Ask everyone to join you in toasting to the happy couple
Here’s to you!
Friday Find: Day-Of Essentials
Like a boy scout, a good Maid of Honor is always prepared for anything on the big day! And while we have a list of things you might need, unfortunately, we don’t have a list of all the things that may go wrong lol. Continue reading
How To: Plan a Bridal Shower
The most important, time-consuming, and stress inducing thing you’ll have to do as Maid of Honor will be planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party. Don’t panic – we’ve got you covered! Continue reading
Literary Wedding Inspiration
If there’s one thing I love more than weddings, it’s books! Seriously, I must have a jillion unread books on my desk right now. But when the two come together, it makes for an utterly magical moment. Check out the gallery: Continue reading
Friday Find: Bridal Buddy
As Maid of Honor, one of your responsibilities on the actual wedding day is helping your bride pee in her dress. Now, while you may be besties, this task definitely isn’t for everyone. Luckily, Bridal Buddy takes care of everything! Continue reading
Buckle up, ladies! We’re taking a crash course in Maid of Honor 101 with everything you need to know about what to do, where to go, and how to make it all work! Continue reading
Tuesday Trend: Transparent Invitations
by Lauren J Sharkey
Hey there, brides! I hope this post finds you well and not overwhelmed with wedding planning craziness. It’s August which means it’s time for a new #ACSTuesdayTrend. Today, we’re going to be talking about a new trend taking over the wedding scene: transparent invitations! Continue reading